Safety & Security
CACC provides the below means of security at its terminals to guarantee the maximum Cargo security level
- 5 Dual View X-ray Inspection Systems.
- Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) Machine.
- 24/7 surveillance system using HD surveillance cameras with full coverage to the Cargo Terminals, Air & Land sides (zero blind zones) with 30 days surveillance recording.
- EDD Service availability upon request
- Well-trained security personnel available round the clock.
- Metal detection Access Control Entrances
The whole handling process is carried out in a strictly secure manner. Export cargo is kept in a "sterile zone"; after customs inspection where only authorized CACC staff has access to this area. In case required, Customs and Police personnel can access this area accompanied by CACC security staff. Among all Cairo International Airport’s terminals, the "sterile zone" concept is only applied at CACC terminal. On the other hand, cargo screening process is dually performed by the State Police, in addition to CACC security staff.
Besides the regular Airlines’ Audits that the company goes through and passes successfully without any findings, CACC has also undergone several audits by Department for Transport (DFT), and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) with zero non-compliance results.