Fresh Products & Pharmaceuticals
Ever since consumers have started demanding higher-end fresh products & pharmaceutical companies have raised the logistics’ practices across their supply chain to maintain the strictest temperature requirements for each product, thus committing to the global compliance for temperature-sensitive pharmaceuticals across the different countries with varying regulations, CACC has developed efficient techniques to measure up with the market’s expectations of a seamlessly temperature-controlled cool chain monitored via wireless temperature data loggers.
At CACC, perishables handling activities take place at Export Perishable Center 5,431 m² & Import Perishable Center 3,500 m² which are entirely climate controlled & equipped with Testo Temperature Loggers. The centers include freezers & cool rooms with various temperature ranges.
In order to guarantee dry storage, pharmaceuticals are stored separately from fresh products with high emphasis on ventilation & air circulation of the cool rooms. Besides being equipped with power generator to secure an uninterrupted supply of electricity for cool rooms and refrigerators, only electric powered forklifts are operated at the perishable centers giving off no harmful emissions.
CACC is honoured to announce that its Temperature Controlled Terminals are now the 1st in Africa and the 2nd in the Middle East to be awarded the CEIV Pharma Certificate by the IATA effective 31st October 2017.
CACC is the preferred Cargo Handling Agent for:
- Perishable Products Exporters: Venus (Fruits & Vegetables), Blue Skies (Fresh Fruit Cuts)
- Pharmaceutical companies: Novartis - Pfizer - Bayer -GlaxoSmithKline – GSK….etc.
Export Perishable Center
Export Perishable Center 5,431 m2- entirely temperature controlled from acceptance to dispatch-includes:
- Temperature controlled Acceptance Area (+18°C to +22°C) - 11 acceptance docking stations equipped with 10 dock levelers and one 10ft scissor lift
- Customs Inspection Area (+18°C to +22°C) equipped with dual view X-ray inspection systems
- Build-up Area (+18°C to +22°C)
- Cool Room for Loose Shipments (+ 2°C to +8°C)
- 3 ULD Cool Rooms; each fits 32 main deck Pallets with adjustable temperature range of (+2°C to +8°C)
- Freezer (0°C to -18°C)
- Pre-Staging Area (+18°C to +22°C)
- Dispatch Area equipped with one 8-ton scale for weight recheck and three 10 ft transfer decks – up to 8 tons
Import Perishable Center
Import Perishable Center 3,500 m2 is entirely temperature controlled from breakdown to delivery and equipped with Testo Temperature Loggers. It comprises:
- Breakdown Area (+18°C to +22°C) accommodates 27 pallets to be broken down in a lane that lodges 6 pallets at a time.
- Customs Inspection Area (+18°C to +22°C) equipped with X-ray inspection system
- 2 Cool Rooms for Loose Shipments (+2°C to +8°C)
- ULDs Cool Room (+2°C to +8°C)
- Ambient Temperature Room/ Room Temperature (+15°C to +25°C)
- Freezer (0°C up to -18°C)
- Delivery Platform (+18°C to +22°C) with 4 delivery doors